Turkey Cobb Salad Sandwich
A big sandwich with big flavor.
No utensils needed to eat this Cobb salad.
It’s served in a large pretzel roll which tastes so delicious with all of the traditional Cobb salad ingredients such as bacon, hard boiled eggs, tomato, avocado and sliced turkey.
In this sandwich the salad ingredients are topped with crumbled blue cheese and a premade horseradish sauce.
The horseradish sauce adds an unexpected zing to the delicious mix of flavors and textures.
A large pretzel roll is used as the bread for this scrumptious sandwich but feel free to use a french roll, sourdough roll or bread of your choice.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
A large pretzel roll, butter, cooked crispy bacon, sliced turkey, avocado, tomato, green leaf lettuce, hard boiled eggs, red onion, crumbled blue cheese, ground black pepper and horse radish sauce or the salad dressing of your choice
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Cook the bacon until…
I used a microwave bacon cooking tray which cooks the bacon nice and crispy.
Slice the tomato into ½ inch thick slices.
Then, slice the onion and avocado.
Next, cut the hard boiled eggs into 4 slices.
Pick 4 medium size leaves from a bunch of green leaf lettuce and set aside along with the other Cobb salad ingredients while toasting the rolls.
Feel free to substitute the green leaf lettuce with another type if preferred.
For the Toasted Rolls – To a large skillet, add butter.
As soon as the butter melts, lay the rolls cut-side down on the butter.
Keep the bread face side down until it toasts and turns a golden brown color.
After the rolls are toasted, lay them on a serving plate, toasted-side up.
On top of each half roll (on the toasted side), add horseradish sauce, blue cheese dressing or your favorite dressing.
Next, lay the lettuce leaves on top of the dressing.
Then add the bacon…
…sliced red onion…
…and 3 dashes of pepper on the tomatoes.
…ok, maybe add one more dash of pepper on the tomatoes.
Next, add sliced avocado…
…sliced hard boiled egg…
…and crumbled blue cheese.
Blue cheese is the perfect touch for this sandwich.
Top with more dressing.
Almost time to eat.
Top each sandwich with the remaining halves of bread.
Cut the sandwich in half and serve.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Salad Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 2 large soft sandwich rolls each roll sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium size green leaf lettuce leaves
- 6 pieces of cooked crispy bacon
- 6 large slices of deli turkey (cooked)
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 6 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 avocado seed removed, meat removed and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and slice each egg widthwise into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tablespoons prepared blue cheese salad dressing or your favorite salad dressing
- Toasting the Sandwich Rolls - To a large skillet, add butter. As soon as the butter melts, lay the rolls cut-side down on the butter.
- Keep the bread cut-side down until it toasts and turns a golden brown color.
- For Serving - After the rolls are toasted, lay them on a serving plate toasted-side up. On top of each half roll (on the toasted side), add blue cheese dressing (or your favorite dressing).
- On top of 2 halves, lay the lettuce leaves.
- On top of the lettuce, add a layer of the bacon, turkey, onions, tomatoes, pepper, avocado, egg, and crumbled blue cheese.
- Top with drizzles of salad dressing.
- Top each sandwich with the remaining halves of bread. Cut the sandwich in half and serve.