Turkey Cobb Salad Sandwich
This turkey cobb salad sandwich is filled to the brim with turkey, bacon, blue cheese and more.
No utensils needed to eat this Cobb salad.
It’s served in a large pretzel roll which tastes so delicious with all of the traditional Cobb salad ingredients such as bacon, hard boiled eggs, tomato, avocado and sliced turkey.
About the Ingredients
In this sandwich the salad ingredients are topped with crumbled blue cheese and horseradish sauce.
The horseradish sauce adds an unexpected zing to the delicious mix of flavors and textures.
Feel free to use a French roll, sourdough roll or other type of bread if preferred.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
A large pretzel roll, butter, cooked crispy bacon, sliced turkey, avocado, tomato, green leaf lettuce, hard boiled eggs, red onion, crumbled blue cheese, ground black pepper and horse radish sauce or the salad dressing of your choice
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
For the Bacon:
Cook the bacon until…
I used a microwave bacon cooking tray which cooks the bacon nice and crispy.
For the Sliced Ingredients:
Slice the tomato into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Then, slice the onion and avocado.
Next, cut the hard boiled eggs into 4 slices.
For the Lettuce:
Pick 4 medium size leaves from a bunch of green leaf lettuce and set aside along with the other Cobb salad ingredients while toasting the rolls.
Feel free to substitute the green leaf lettuce with another type if preferred.
Toasting the Bread:
For the Toasted Rolls – To a large skillet, add butter.
As soon as the butter melts, lay the rolls cut-side down on the butter.
Keep the bread face side down until it toasts and turns a golden-brown color.
After the rolls are toasted, lay them on a serving plate, toasted-side up.
For the Assembly:
On top of each half roll (on the toasted side), add horseradish sauce, blue cheese dressing or your favorite dressing.
Next, lay the lettuce leaves on top of the dressing.
Then add the bacon…
…and 3 dashes of pepper on the tomatoes.
…ok, maybe add one more dash of pepper on the tomatoes.
Next, add sliced avocado…
…sliced hard boiled egg…
…and crumbled blue cheese.
Blue cheese is the perfect touch for this sandwich.
Top with more dressing.
Almost time to eat.
Top each sandwich with the remaining halves of bread.
Cut the sandwich in half and serve.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Turkey Cobb Salad Sandwich
- 2 large soft sandwich rolls each roll sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter (salted)
- 4 medium size green leaf lettuce leaves
- 6 pieces cooked crispy bacon
- 6 large slices deli turkey (cooked)
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 6 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 avocado seed removed, meat removed and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and slice each egg widthwise into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tablespoons prepared blue cheese salad dressing or your favorite salad dressing
- Toasting the Sandwich Rolls - To a large skillet, add butter. As soon as the butter melts, lay the rolls cut-side down on the butter.
- Keep the bread cut-side down until it toasts and turns a golden brown color.
- For Serving - After the rolls are toasted, lay them on a serving plate toasted-side up. On top of each half roll (on the toasted side), add blue cheese dressing (or your favorite dressing).
- On top of 2 halves, lay the lettuce leaves.
- On top of the lettuce, add a layer of the bacon, turkey, onions, tomatoes, pepper, avocado, egg, and crumbled blue cheese.
- Top with drizzles of salad dressing.
- Top each sandwich with the remaining halves of bread. Cut the sandwich in half and serve.
Here are more sandwich recipes you may like “Corned Beef and Slaw Sandwich“, “Cheesy Meatball Sandwich with Marinara Sauce” and “3-Cheese and Orange Zest Grilled Cheese“.
More Salad Recipes You May Like:
Baked Salmon and Avocado Salad
Salami Caprese Pasta Salad with Homemade Balsamic Dressing
I saw this sandwich and I’m making it tonight. It looks soooooo awsome!
Hi Diane, so glad you like it. I love Cobb salads and this sandwich hits the spot. Have a great day.
How deliciously different this is! Great, making a healthier sandwich out of all the ingredients in a cobb salad-yum! If this was at the deli I would surely buy it, but even better I need to make it. Thanks for sharing this one!
Hi Tina, thank you!
That is some sandwich! My boys love bacon and blue cheese, so I will have to try this out for them 🙂
Sounds like this sandwich might be fun for your boys…it can get a bit messy to eat but that’s fun too!
I forgot I am just looking at a picture. I was stunned by the yumminess of this sandwich. Mouthwatering photos! =)
Hi Raquel, thank you very much. Have a great day!
OMG! This looks sooo delicious! Lovely pics!
Hi Gursahiba, thank you very much!