Pico de Gallo Salsa
It’s so easy to make this pico de gallo you’re going to wonder why you don’t make it more often.
Pico de Gallo is one of those things that when all ingredients are mixed together it has a delicious taste of one…rather than tasting each of the ingredients separately.
It lasts nicely in the fridge too.
And it seems to get better over time as the flavors hang out together.
Pico de Gallo tastes great on top of scrambled eggs, virtually any type of Mexican food, and of course with tortilla chips. YUM.
When I worked in a grocery store and would be in the checkstand checking out groceries I would often times notice customers buying large amounts of Roma tomatoes along with fresh onions, Jalapeno or Serrano peppers, and cilantro.
Out of curiosity I’d ask what they were making and most of the time it was Pico de Gallo or salsa.
So I got in the habit of using only Roma tomatoes when I make homemade salsa or Pico de Gallo.
The key ingredient in this pico de gallo is salt.
There’s a point when just the right amount of salt makes it taste perfect.
So be sure to do a taste test after mixing the ingredients together and definitely add more salt if needed.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Cilantro, tomatoes, onion, Jalapeno or Serrano peppers, fresh lime juice, salt and pepper
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it:
Chop the tomatoes.
In a medium size bowl, add the tomatoes,
and chopped onion.
Chop the Jalapeno (or Serrano) peppers,
and add them to the bowl.
Chop the cilantro…
…add it to the bowl.
add the juice from 1/2 of a lime,
and the pepper to the bowl.
stir all of the ingredients together.
Chill before serving and…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Mexican Food Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 3 large Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Jalapeno peppers - chopped or 1 large Serrano pepper if you prefer more heat
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ of a fresh lime
- In a medium size bowl, add the tomatoes, onion, Jalapeno (or Serrano) peppers, cilantro, salt, pepper, and juice from ½ of a lime. Stir together. Serve chilled as a dip or use as a topping for eggs, salads, tacos, or nachos. Stir together.
- Serve chilled as a dip or use as a topping for eggs, salads, tacos, or nachos.
- Make sure to add enough salt. The flavor really pops when the amount of salt is just right.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving to give the ingredients time to incorporate or "mesh".
- Stir the Pico de Gallo together just before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link, I may earn a commission. You can read our full disclosure here. In addition I may earn a commission for purchases made via my Amazon Influencer page.