Pico de Gallo Salsa
It’s so easy to make this pico de gallo salsa that you’ll wonder why you don’t make it more often.
Pico de Gallo is one of those dishes that when all ingredients are mixed together it has a delicious taste of its own, rather than tasting like each of the separate ingredients.
It tastes great on top of scrambled eggs, virtually any type of Mexican food, and of course with tortilla chips.
About the Ingredients
When I worked at a grocery store and would be in the checkstand checking out groceries, I would often times notice customers buying large amounts of Roma tomatoes along with fresh onions, Jalapeno or Serrano peppers, and cilantro.
Out of curiosity I’d ask what they were making and most of the time it was Pico de Gallo or salsa.
So, I got in the habit of using only Roma tomatoes when I make homemade salsa or Pico de Gallo.
But the key ingredient in this pico de gallo is salt.
There’s a point when just the right amount of salt makes it taste perfect.
So, be sure to do a taste test after mixing the ingredients together and definitely add more salt if needed.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Cilantro, tomatoes, onion, Jalapeno or Serrano peppers, fresh lime juice, salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Chop the tomatoes.
In a medium size bowl, add the tomatoes,
and chopped onion.
Chop the Jalapeno (or Serrano) peppers,
and add them to the bowl.
Chop the cilantro…
…add it to the bowl.
add the juice from 1/2 of a lime,
and the pepper to the bowl.
stir all of the ingredients together.
Chill before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 3 large Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Jalapeno peppers - chopped or 1 large Serrano pepper if you prefer more heat
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 of a fresh lime
- In a medium size bowl, add the tomatoes, onion, Jalapeno (or Serrano) peppers, cilantro, salt, pepper, and juice from 1/2 of a lime. Stir together. Serve chilled as a dip or use as a topping for eggs, salads, tacos, or nachos. Stir together.
- Serve chilled as a dip or use as a topping for eggs, salads, tacos, or nachos.
- Make sure to add enough salt. The flavor really pops when the amount of salt is just right.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving to give the ingredients time to incorporate or "mesh".
- Stir the Pico de Gallo together just before serving.
Serve this flavorful pico de gallo as a salsa with Mexican food, a side dish with eggs or meat such as pulled pork, or just by its delicious self with tortilla chips.
Dip and Salsa Recipes
Here are more dips and salsas…”Easy Homemade Guacamole“, “Roasted Tomatillo and Green Chili Salsa” and “Ranch Dip Guacamole“.
Mexican Food Recipes
More Mexican Food Recipes:
Comfort Food Recipes
Comfort Food Recipes you may like:
Candied Yams (Sweet Potatoes) with Pecans and Marshmallows
Candied Sweet Potatoes (Canned Yams), with Walnuts and Marshmallows
Baked Herb and Parmesan Potato Slices
Biscoff Cookie Butter Blondie Brownies
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots