Slow Cooker Saucy Ground Meat Taco Filling
Nothing beats biting into a crispy taco shell that’s filled to the brim with this saucy spicy taco meat.
Saucy taco meat and crispy taco shells are a match made in heaven.
I like to make this taco meat with a combination of ground beef and ground pork, and brown it with onions before adding it to the slow cooker.
Then add some basic ingredients, let it slow cook for about 4 hours, spoon it into crispy taco shells, eat and then repeat.
It’s so good.
Leftover taco meat freezes up nicely too.
This saucy taco meat is great for serving at get-togethers because guests can help themselves…all they need are some crispy taco shells to put the meat into and toppings like shredded cheese, thinly cut head (iceberg) lettuce, salsa and guacamole.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Ground pork, ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, chili powder, dried Mexican (or regular) oregano, granulated garlic, onion powder, ground cumin, hot sauce, salt, pepper and water
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the ground beef and ground pork, and stir.
Add chopped onions and stir.
Continue stirring and breaking up the ground meat into pieces as it cooks.
Cook until the meat starts to turn brown (about 12 minutes).
transfer the meat to a slow cooker pot.
In the pot, add granulated garlic…
Cover with a lid and cook for 4 hours on the low setting.
After the taco meat is done, stir together.
Serve the taco meat while hot in crispy taco shells…
…and top with shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Mexican Food Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ onion peeled and chopped
- 3 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano leaves or substitute with regular dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce or to taste
- 1 cup water
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the ground beef and ground pork. Stir together.
- Add chopped onions and stir. Continue stirring and breaking up the ground meat into pieces as it cooks.
- Cook until the meat starts to turn brown (about 12 minutes).
- Transfer the meat to a slow cooker pot. In the pot, add granulated garlic, onion powder, oregano, cumin, pepper, salt, chili powder, tomato sauce, water, and hot sauce. Stir together.
- Cover with a lid and cook on the low setting for 4 hours. After it's done cooking stir together.
- Serve the taco meat while hot in crispy taco shells and top with shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce.