Coconut Fruit Salad
This fruit salad is definitely dressed to impress when topped with shredded coconut.
Shredded coconut really steps up the flavor and texture of a basic fruit salad.
This quick and easy fruit salad has a hint of lemon taste to it from lemon juice added to not only give the salad a fresh taste but also to lightly coat the pieces of apple and banana so they keep their color.
I was at a lunch recently that was catered and in a large serving dish there was a fruit salad that was topped with coconut which really caught my eye and I actually added it to my plate before anything else.
It must have caught the eye of others at the lunch too because the serving dish emptied out quickly.
This a great salad to bring to a pot-luck or make when having company over because it’s so pretty and colorful.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, banana, orange, grapes, Granny Smith apple, lemon juice, sweetened shredded coconut
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a medium size bowl, add the banana, apple…
…and lemon juice.
Carefully stir so that the lemon juice covers each piece of fruit. Set aside.
in a large bowl,
add the strawberries, orange, cantaloupe, grapes and blueberries.
Using a soft spatula, stir together.
Gently mix in the banana and apples (including the lemon juice).
Spoon the fruit salad in separate serving dishes, or a large serving dish, and generously top with coconut…
Thank you so much for stopping by!
More Recipes with Fruit You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 large banana (not too ripe so it will slice nicely) sliced in pieces about ½ inch thick
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored and cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 lemon juiced
- 10 strawberries stems removed, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups cut cantaloupe cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 orange skin removed and cut in bite-size pieces
- 10 grapes cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- In a medium size bowl, add the banana, apple and lemon juice. Carefully stir so that the lemon juice covers each piece of fruit. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, orange and grapes. Using a soft spatula, stir together.
- To the large bowl of fruit, gently mix in the banana and apples (including the lemon juice).
- Spoon the fruit salad in separate serving dishes or a large serving dish.
- Generously top with shredded coconut and serve, or chill in the fridge until it's time to serve.