Chocolate Mocha and Orange Truffles
Melt in your mouth delicious.
Truffles deliciously melt in your mouth.
The soft chocolate in the middle is divine.
And the cocoa powder on the outside of the truffle is like a bow on a present…the perfect topping.
These chocolate truffles are flavored with coffee and a hint of orange. The combination of these flavors with the chocolate is soooo good.
They can be made ahead of time, are super easy to make, and store nicely in the fridge.
It’s a great gift idea too. Just wrap a few (or more of course) in a small cellophane gift bag and add a ribbon.
Getting homemade sweets as a gift is the best surprise. And especially if it’s chocolate.
Make some for yourself too. You deserve it!
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Semi-sweet baking chips, 60% cacao baking chips, instant coffee crystals, orange extract, heavy cream, and cocoa powder
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
In a medium size microwavable glass bowl,
…the chocolate chips.
add the cream,
…the instant coffee crystals,
Heat the chocolate chip mixture in the microwave for 60 seconds and then stir.
Heat for another 40 seconds and stir.
Then add the orange extract,
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until the chocolate is firm enough to roll.
Remove from the fridge and use a spoon to scrape out the chocolate.
With clean hands, roll the chocolate into balls.
roll the chocolate ball in the powdered cocoa…
…and completely cover all sides with cocoa powder…
Store in the refrigerator and serve at room temperature.
…each and every delectable bite.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Recipes with Chocolate You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao baking chips or your favorite dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking chips or your favorite semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy xream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- In a medium size microwavable glass bowl, add the chocolate chips, cream and instant coffee. Stir together.
- Heat the chocolate chip mixture in the microwave for 60 seconds and then stir. Then heat for another 40 seconds and stir.
- Add the orange extract and stir.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until the chocolate is firm enough to roll.
- Remove from the refrigerator and use a spoon to scrape out the chocolate. With clean hands, roll the chocolate into balls.
- Then roll the chocolate balls in the powdered cocoa. Completely cover all sides with the cocoa powder and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve at room temperature.