Easy Homemade Mexican Salsa
Made with canned tomatoes, this fresh salsa is ready in minutes.
Fresh salsa is super easy to make and tastes authentic and delicious .
In this recipe canned tomatoes (cut, diced or whole) are used which makes it even easier to make.
Just put the ingredients in the blender, blend, and within minutes it’s ready to serve.
This salsa is great for making ahead of time and lasts nicely in the refrigerator.
It adds a really nice homemade touch when served with any type of Mexican food.
The most important thing to do when making this salsa is to add enough salt.
Even with all of the fresh ingredients, the salsa can taste bland if there isn’t enough salt in it.
So for sure do a couple taste tests and add more salt until it tastes just right.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Canned tomatoes (cut, diced or whole), onion, cilantro, jalapeno peppers (or Serrano peppers for a hotter salsa), garlic and seasoned salt.
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
To a blender…
…add canned tomatoes…
…coarsley chopped onion,
…and jalapeno peppers.
TIP – For a spicier salsa, use Serrano chili peppers instead of jalapeno peppers.
To the blender…
Blend on the sauce setting…
Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
TIP – Just the right amount of salt really brings out the flavor in this salsa.
Serve right away…
…or chill in the refrigerator before serving.
The salsa may thicken up after its chilled.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Dips and Salsas You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each can) cut, diced or whole tomatoes
- 1/4 of a small size onion (yellow or white)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro tough bottom part of stems removed
- 3 small to medium size jalapeno peppers (use Serrano peppers instead for a hotter salsa); or add an amount of peppers to taste stems and seed removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic peeled and diced
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt to taste
- To a blender jar, add canned tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, garlic and seasoned salt.
- Blend on the sauce setting until combined. Do a taste test and add more salt if needed (just the right amount of salt really brings out the flavor).
- Serve right away or chill in the refrigerator before serving. The salsa may thicken up slightly when its chilled.
- For a spicier salsa, use Serrano chili peppers instead of jalapeno peppers.
- Just the right amount of salt really brings out the flavor in this salsa.
This recipe was originally posted on May 1, 2011.