Layered Three-Bean Bean Dip
This bean dip is a colorful and delicious make-ahead party dip. It has layers of Mexican Food inspired ingredients including 3 types of beans…and there’s no cooking required.
This bean dip is a great appetizer for get-togethers especially when the attendees are hungry because with 3 different types of beans, this dip is hearty.
When I’m one of those hungry attendees I especially like it when there are appetizers that are more on the heavy side.
There’s no cooking required for this bean dip, and it can be made ahead of time too.
If making this ahead of time, just make sure to wrap it in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator so the toppings don’t dry out and they keep their beautiful colors.
Since this dip is made with so many layers of delicious ingredients, it’s best if the chips served with this dip are fairly sturdy such as Fritos, tortilla chips or pita chips.
And feel free to customize the toppings in this dip if preferred.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Refried beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, ground cumin, chili powder, pepper, sour cream, cheddar cheese, red onion, black olives, jalapeno, purple cabbage, cilantro, green onion, salsa and tomatoes
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
In the bottom of a large shallow dish or pan (a cookie sheet with sides also works well for this), spread a thin layer of refried beans.
Drain the chickpeas and…
…top the refried beans with the chickpeas.
Sprinkle chili powder on top chickpeas and refried beans.
Then sprinkle the cumin powder over the beans.
Finely chop the red onions and…
…sprinkle the red onion over the beans.
Then, drain the black beans…
…and add a layer of them to the dip.
Finely chop the jalapenos (remove the seeds if you prefer less heat).
Sprinkle the jalapenos over the beans.
Spread the sour cream over the beans.
You may need to spread the sour cream on thick so that it will spread smoothly rather than lifting up the beans.
Spread a layer of salsa over the sour cream.
Top with the shredded cheese.
Sprinkle pepper on top of the cheese.
Chop the red cabbage and…
…sprinkle the red cabbage on top of the cheese.
Chop the tomatoes, cilantro and green onions.
Add a layer of tomatoes…
…sliced black olives…
…and chopped green onions.
If making this ahead of time, cover in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Serve chilled or at room temperature with…
…sturdy chips like…
…or pita chips.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
SUBSCRIBE TO CCC
Don’t Miss a CCC Recipe! Subscribe now to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO COUPON CLIPPING COOK.
Three-Bean Bean Dip
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped purple (red) cabbage (red cabbage)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions including the green tops
- 2 large jalapeno peppers stem and seeds removed; finely chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- A large shallow bowl (about the diameter of a medium-size pizza pan), or a medium size casserole dish
- In the bottom of a large shallow dish or pan (a cookie sheet with sides also works well for this), spread a thin layer of refried beans.
- On top of the refried beans, add a layer of garbanzo beans. Sprinkle the chili powder and cumin powder on top of the beans. Top with a layer of red onion, a layer of black beans, and a layer of jalapenos.
- Next, spread a layer of sour cream and then a layer of salsa. Top with shredded cheese. Sprinkle pepper evenly on top of the cheese.
- Add a layer of red cabbage, tomatoes, black olives, cilantro, and green onions. Serve with your favorite chips.
Recipes with Beans
Dip and Salsa Recipes
More Dip and Salsa Recipes You May Like: