One-Skillet Enchilada Sauce Taco Meat
If you love enchilada sauce and crispy tacos, then you’ll love this quick and easy one-skillet taco meat recipe.
Having to decide between enchiladas and crispy tacos is the hardest part about going out to a Mexican food restaurant for me.
Thank goodness for combo platters where I can order one of each.
So, when it comes to making crispy tacos at home, one of my quick and easy go-to meals is this enchilada sauce taco meat.
Saucy meat in a crispy taco shell tastes so good.
And it’s even better when it’s easy to make.
About this Recipe
The ground beef is cooked with chopped onions, garlic and a few spices.
Then just mix in premade enchilada sauce, stir and cook for just a bit.
Next, serve in pre-made or homemade crispy taco shells, and top with shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese, or toppings of your choice and dig in.
But wait, I think I just told you how to make it before getting to the step-by-step pics and directions below.
Well, there are a few extra directions below that you can check out and pictures along the way.
Here’s another saucy taco meat recipe you may like that’s made in a slow cooker “Slow Cooker Taco Meat“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Lean ground beef, onion, garlic, olive oil, ground cumin, salt, pepper and red enchilada sauce; and crispy taco shells, shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese, and/or taco toppings of your choice
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Chop the onion and…
…garlic. Set aside for a moment.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
Add the onion to the pan and…
Add the garlic to the pan and stir.
Next, add ground beef to the pan…
…and using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir while breaking the ground beef into little pieces that are all about the same size so that it cooks evenly.
Add ground pepper, salt…
…and ground cumin.
Stir as the ground beef cooks.
Continue until the ground beef is thoroughly cooked (for about 7 to 10 minutes in total).
Turn off the heat and transfer the ground beef on to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess grease.
Then put the ground beef back in the pan, and heat the pan on low to medium heat.
Next, to the pan…
…add the enchilada sauce.
…the enchilada sauce is warm and it completely coats the ground beef (about 5 minutes).
Serve while warm in crispy taco shells.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Delicious Mexican Food Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
One-Skillet Enchilada Sauce Taco Meat
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon heaping ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 can (20 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- Pre-made or homemade crispy taco shells
- Shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese (and, or taco toppings of your choice)
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onions and garlic. Stir.
- Add the ground beef, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir while breaking the ground beef into little pieces that are all about the same size so that it cooks evenly.
- Continue to cook until the meat is thoroughly cooked (about 7 to 10 minutes in total).
- Turn the heat off and transfer the meat mixture on to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess grease.
- Add the meat mixture back into the pan. Heat the pan on low to medium heat.
- Add the enchilada sauce and stir.
- Continue to stir until the enchilada sauce is warm and it completely coats the ground beef (about 5 minutes).
- Serve while warm in crispy taco shells. Top with shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese, and/or taco toppings of your choice.