Poblano Pepper and Chicken Soft Tacos
A quick and easy meal for any day of the week.
Quick and easy boneless skinless chicken breast recipes are the best on busy days or just when the chef doesn’t feel like cooking a big meal.
These soft tacos are made with sautéed poblano and serrano peppers, shallots (or onion if preferred), chicken and warm corn tortillas.
Then they’re served topped with thinly sliced green cabbage, sliced tomatoes and salsa.
Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top and dinner is served.
These tacos taste wonderful with any type of salsa.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Corn tortillas, salsa, skinless boneless chicken breasts, poblano pepper, tomato, shallot (or small onion), Serrano pepper, lime, green cabbage, and…
olive oil, ground black pepper, granulated garlic, and salt
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Cutting the Peppers and Shallot – Remove the seeds from the poblano pepper and cut it into strips.
Next, cut the shallot or a small onion into slices about ½ inch thick.
Then remove the stem and seeds from the Serrano pepper and slice it widthwise.
Set the cut vegetables aside for a moment.
Cutting the Chicken – Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Cooking the Peppers, Shallot and Chicken:
Heat a large skillet on medium heat,
…add olive oil,
…poblano peppers, and shallot (or onion).
Stir the poblano peppers and shallots together in the olive oil.
Move the vegetables over to the sides of the pan to make room in the middle for the chicken.
In the middle of the pan, add the chicken…
…and Serrano pepper.
Then add granulated garlic…
Add salt and…
Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer the ingredients to a plate or bowl and set aside.
Making the Soft Tacos:
Slice tomatoes and thinly slice green cabbage.
Warming the Corn Tortillas – On a medium size microwavable plate, place the corn tortillas and warm them up in the microwave just long enough to make them soft (about 25 seconds).
Right after removing them from the microwave, turn them over so the bottom side doesn’t get wet from the steam.
Set the warm corn tortillas on a serving plate and add the chicken mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
Top with cabbage,
…fresh lime juice…
Time to eat…
…each spicy bite.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Mexican Food Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Poblano Pepper and Chicken Soft Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole poblano pepper stem and seed removed, cut into widthwise strips
- 1 whole shallot (or small onion), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Serrano pepper stem and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 whole tomato sliced
- 1-1/2 cup shredded green cabbage or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 whole lime cut into quarters (juice from 1 quarter for each taco)
- Cooking the Peppers, Onion and Chicken - Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil, poblano pepper, and shallot (or onion). Stir.
- Move the poblano pepper, and shallot to the outsides of the pan to make room in the middle of the pan for the chicken.
- In the middle of the pan, add the chicken and Serrano pepper. Then add the granulated garlic, pepper, and salt. Stir the ingredients together.
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked, transfer the ingredients to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Warming the Corn Tortillas - On a medium size microwavable plate, place the corn tortillas and warm them up in the microwave just long enough to make them soft (about 25 seconds).
- Right after removing them from the microwave, turn them over so the bottom side doesn't get wet from the steam.
- Making the Soft Tacos - Set the warm corn tortillas on a serving plate and add the chicken mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
- Top with sliced cabbage, tomato, lime juice (juice from a quarter of the lime for each taco), and salsa.
- Serve while warm.