Apple and Mint Limeade Smoothie
This refreshing ice-cold apple and mint limeade smoothie is perfect for a hot summer day.
This smoothie is slightly lighter in color and texture than some green smoothies.
It tastes a little bit tart, similar to limeade.
I especially like the refreshing flavors of the lime zest and fresh mint.
About this Recipe
Although this smoothie has spinach in it, you wouldn’t know it by the taste, and it adds a nice light green color to the drink.
I have to admit that I slipped in a little sugar in this recipe.
It just seemed like the right thing to do since lime was involved and it adds a bit of sweet that emphasizes the tart flavor of the green apple and lime.
But feel free to leave out the sugar if you like.
About the Order of Ingredients
A rule of thumb is that liquids and soft ingredients go in first, and the harder ingredients go in last.
So, for example to the blender jar,
- First, add liquids such as juice, water or milk
- Second, add soft ingredients like yogurt, fresh (unfrozen) cut fruit and berries, or honey
- Then add items such as frozen cut fruit and berries, vegetables or nuts
- Lastly add the ice
When blending a smoothie, to avoid an air pocket from forming by the blade in the blender jar, there needs to be a good balance between the liquid and frozen ingredients (including ice).
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Lime, Granny Smith apple, green grapes, plain yogurt, unsweetened white grapefruit juice, fresh spinach, fresh mint, honey, ice, and sugar
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Add the ice cubes to the blender.
Cut the apple from the core in large pieces (discard the core).
Add the pieces of apple to the blender.
Then add the grapes.
Zest the lime…
…then to the blender, add the zest…
…and the juice from the lime.
Next add the yogurt,
spinach, and mint to the blender.
Blend on the “smoothie” setting.
Serve right away while ice cold.
Garnish each serving with a small sprig of fresh mint.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Minty Limeade Smoothie
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1 Granny Smith apple Cut the apple from the core in large pieces (discard the core).
- 1/2 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 whole lime zested
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened white grapefruit juice
- 12 fresh spinach leaves
- 7 fresh mint leaves (for the smoothie)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional) or add to taste
- 2 Small sprigs of mint (for garnish)
- To the blender add the ice cubes, apple pieces, grapes, lime zest, lime juice, yogurt, grapefruit juice, honey, sugar and spinach.
- Blend on the smoothie setting.
- Serve right away while ice cold. Garnish each serving with a small sprig of mint.
This recipe was originally posted on March 10, 2013.
Recipes with Mint and Fruit
Here are more recipes with mint and fruit you may like “Watermelon, Mint and Lemon Infused Green Tea“, “Blackberry and Oatmeal Malted Milk Smoothie with Mint” and “Cantaloupe and Coconut Berry Agua Fresca“.
More Smoothie Recipes You May Like: