Lemonade Cranberry Sauce
With just 4 ingredients this is a cinch to make.
Here’s one of my favorite recipes for cranberry sauce because it’s easy to make, just has a few ingredients and it can be made ahead of time.
And the best part is that it tastes really good.
There are so many fun varieties of cranberry sauce out there.
I like this one because it’s easy and the tart of the lemon tastes great with the cranberries (and sugar of course).
Cranberry sauce is so pretty on the Holiday table too.
It’s such a vibrant color and when served in a cute bowl it almost looks like a decoration on the dinner table.
Let’s check out the ingredients, there are just 4.
Fresh cranberries, lemon, sugar and water
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Start off by rinsing the cranberries and set them aside.
In a medium size pot, add the water and…
Zest a lemon and…
add the zest to the pot.
TIP – For recipes where both the zest and the juice of a citrus fruit is needed, make sure to first zest the fruit before cutting and juicing it.
It’s much easier to zest (scraping or cutting from the outer colorful skin of unwaxed citrus fruits) citrus fruits while the skin is still whole.
So many times I’ve made the mistake of first cutting the citrus fruit and squeezing it to get the juice out before I realized I forgot to zest it.
Add the juice from the lemon.
Heat the pan on low to medium heat and stir.
When the sugar is completely dissolved,
add the cranberries.
Stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
TIP – if the cranberries aren’t opening up, turn the heat up to the medium setting.
Then, turn the heat way down to the lowest setting.
Cover the pan and let the cranberries slowly simmer for about 15 minutes or until the desired thickness is reached.
Remove from the heat and let cool.
The sauce should continue to thicken.
Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Or it can be served warm if preferred.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Holiday Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Lemonade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 bag (12 ounces) of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- In a medium size pan, add the water, sugar, zest and juice. Heat the pan on low to medium heat. Stir while it's cooking; let cook until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the cranberries and stir.
- Cook for another 10 minutes and then turn the heat down to the lowest setting. If the cranberries aren't opening up, turn the heat up to the medium setting.
- Cover the pan and let simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the desired thickness is reached. Stir occasionally. The sauce will thicken as it simmers. Remove from the stove and let cool.
- Serve chilled or warm.
- For recipes where both the zest and the juice of a citrus fruit is needed, make sure to first zest the fruit before cutting and juicing it. It's much easier to zest (scraping or cutting from the outer colorful skin of unwaxed citrus fruits) citrus fruits while the skin is still whole.
- When cooking the cranberries, if they're not opening up on low to medium heat, turn the heat up to the medium setting.