Easy Italian Seasoned Garlic Bread Recipe
A super simple, crunchy and delicious appetizer or side dish that can be made ahead of time and then baked right before serving.
This easy-to-make garlic bread is a great reason to pick up some fresh French bread next time you’re at the grocery store.
You know the ones, they’re in some grocery stores right next to the checkout, sitting there looking delicious in a basket…freshly baked, sometimes warm, loaves of French bread that smell so heavenly it’s almost impossible not to grab one and put it in your cart.
Now you have just the recipe to make with that French bread.
This garlic bread can be made ahead of time too which is super convenient because all that needs to be done before serving is to bake it in the oven for about 12 minutes or until its warmed through and crispy.
This recipe is made with granulated garlic and dried herbs that taste similar to Italian seasoning.
It’s topped with grated Parmesan cheese that adds a little crunch after it’s baked.
And if there’s any leftovers, store the garlic bread in the refrigerator and it toasts up nicely in a toaster oven.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
French bread, butter, granulated garlic, dried basil leaves, dried oregano, ground black pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, chopped fresh parsley (curly or flat Italian)
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium size mixing bowl…
…add softened butter.
To the bowl…
…add granulated garlic…
…and ground black pepper.
Using a soft spatula,
spread the butter mixture evenly on top of the bread.
Also spread the butter mixture on the cut end of the bread.
Top with an even layer of grated Parmesan cheese.
…put the garlic bread on a small baking sheet or pizza pan (ungreased).
Bake in a preheated oven until the garlic bread is warmed through and crispy (about 12 minutes).
Transfer the bread onto a cutting board…
…and cut it into the desired size pieces.
Add a light drizzle of olive oil on top of the bread.
…chopped fresh parsley.
And serve while warm.
…dig in and enjoy.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Garlic Bread Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Easy Italian Seasoned Garlic Bread
- 1/4 Loaf of French Bread Cut 1 loaf in half widthwise, then cut 1 of the halves in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter (salted) softened
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 drizzles olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (curly or flat leaf - Italian parsley)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, add softened butter, granulated garlic, dried basil leaves, dried oregano leaves and ground black pepper. Mix together until combined.
- With a soft spatula, evenly spread the butter mixture on the cut side of the bread. Also spread the butter mixture on the cut end of the bread.
- Top with an even layer of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Put the bread on a small cookie sheet or pizza pan (ungreased).
- Bake in a preheated oven until warmed through with crispy edges (about 12 minutes).
- Cut the bread into the desired size pieces.
- Top with a light drizzle of olive oil and chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve while warm.