Garlic and Rosemary Crouton Toast
This garlic and rosemary crouton toast is the perfect finger food.
Crouton toast that makes a wonderful snack or side dish.
This crouton toast is delicious served with soup or salad and is the perfect complement to a cheese or sliced deli meat platter, or ingredients on a charcuterie board.
Crouton toast makes a great finger food appetizer too.
About Serving These as an Appetizer
Some topping options for this crouton toast include savory ingredients such as an Olive Tapenade.
Or something as simple as cream cheese and chopped chives (or the green part of a green onion).
Appetizer toppings can also include sweet and savory flavors like thinly sliced tomato, feta cheese, chopped dried cranberries, and thinly sliced fresh basil.
Although the recipe below calls for an entire loaf of French bread, feel free to use less bread if you like (just decrease the amount of the other ingredients accordingly).
These crouton toasts can be made ahead of time and store nicely in a zip-top plastic bag.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
…and dried rosemary, dried parsley, fresh garlic, salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
For the French Bread – cut the French bread in half lengthwise.
Then slice the bread into pieces about 1/2 of an inch thick.
lay the slices of bread on a cookie sheet.
For the Olive Oil Mixture – to a small bowl, add olive oil, pepper…
…chopped dried Rosemary and…
For the Crouton Toast – to the slices of bread…
…spread the olive oil mixture on top.
Then turn the slices of bread over and…
…spread the olive oil mixture on the other side.
Bake in a preheated oven (at 300 degrees F.)…
…until the bread turns a golden color (about 20 minutes).
Serve with salad, soup, or…
…as a side dish.
Appetizer Topping Options:
Top with softened cream cheese and chopped chives…
…or chop just the green part of a green onion.
Or top with thinly sliced tomato, feta cheese, chopped dried cranberries, and thinly sliced fresh basil.
Serve as an appetizer, side dish or light lunch.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Garlic Rosemary Crouton Toast
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dashes dashes salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- For the French Bread - cut the French bread in half lengthwise. Then slice the bread into pieces 1/2 of an inch thick.
- Lay the slices of bread on a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- For the Olive Oil Mixture - to a small bowl, add olive oil, pepper, dried parsley, garlic, rosemary, and salt. Mix together.
- To each slice of bread, brush the oil mixture.
- Turn the pieces of bread over and brush each piece with the oil mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for until the bread turns a golden color (about 20 minutes).
- Serve as a snack, or side dish with soup or salad, or as an appetizer with your favorite toppings.
Recipes Made with Bread
More Recipes with Bread You May Like: