Pita Quesadillas with Nacho Jalapenos
These quesadillas with a pita twist are a must-try.
These pita quesadillas are filled to the brim with cheese, chopped tomato and sliced nacho jalapenos.
They’re made with quartered pita pocket bread and 2 types of cheese (cheddar and Monterey jack).
The cheese is not only on the inside but also on the outside of the pita bread along with a little granulated garlic and chopped cilantro.
The subtle taste of garlic combined with the cheese and tomato is so good.
These quesadillas not only taste wonderful but they add beautiful color to an appetizer plate.
The only thing is that they disappear quickly so you may need to make extra.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Pita bread rounds, cheddar and jack cheese, green onion, tomato, cilantro, salsa, lime…
…sliced nacho jalapenos (pre-sliced pickled jalapenos from a jar), and granulated garlic
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the pita bread into quarters.
Carefully open each pita quarter.
Inside each pita quarter, add the cheddar cheese…
tomatoes, a nacho jalapeno slice, and…
On the top of each pita quarter…
add the jack cheese,
and granulated garlic.
Set each pita quarter on a cookie sheet…
…and bake in a preheated oven just long enough for the cheese to melt (about 5 minutes).
Just before serving, drizzle lime juice on top of the quesadillas.
Serve while warm…
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Mexican Food Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 3 whole pita bread rounds
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tomato (medium to large size) chopped
- 12 nacho (pre-sliced pickeled) jalapeno slices from a jar
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 limes, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the pita bread into quarters. Carefully open each pita quarter.
- Inside each pita quarter, add the cheddar cheese, green onion, tomatoes, a nacho jalapeno slice, and salsa.
- On the top of each pita quarter add the jack cheese, cilantro, and garlic powder.
- Set each pita quarter on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven just long enough for the cheese to melt (about 5 minutes).
- Just before serving, drizzle fresh squeezed lime juice on top of the quesadillas. Serve while warm.
We are a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link, I may earn a commission. You can read our full disclosure here. In addition I may earn a commission for purchases made via my Amazon Influencer page.