Simple Homemade Coleslaw
This coleslaw is perfect for a quick and easy side dish that’s ready in 15 minutes.
For how simple it is to make, this coleslaw sure does taste good.
It’s made with a relatively small amount of ingredients and is ready to serve in 15 minutes.
It’s best when this coleslaw is made just before serving while the vegetables are crisp.
About this Recipe
There are 4 types of vegetables in this slaw, purple (red) cabbage, green cabbage, carrots and green onion.
And the dressing is made with only 3 ingredients plus salt and pepper.
Here’s a delicious recipe you may like with homemade coleslaw inside a sandwich “Corned Beef and Slaw Sandwich“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Vegetables – Shredded green cabbage, shredded purple cabbage (“red” cabbage), carrots and green onions
Dressing – Mayonnaise, sugar, rice vinegar, salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Thinly slice the green cabbage in about 2 to 3 inch long pieces.
Then add it to a large bowl.
Next, thinly slice the purple cabbage in the same size pieces…
…and add it to the bowl.
Chop the green onions,
and the carrots, and them to the bowl.
Add the mayonnaise,
and rice vinegar to the bowl.
Stir together all ingredients until completely combined.
Give the coleslaw a quick taste to see if you prefer more salt or a bit more sugar.
Chill in the refrigerator and stir before serving.
This coleslaw is best when served within 2 hours of making it.
Serve as a side dish, or add to a sandwich instead of lettuce.
It also makes a wonderful snack.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Recipes with Cabbage You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Simple Homemade Coleslaw
- 4 cups shredded (or thinly cut) green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded (or thinly cut) purple (red) cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- 4 dashes ground black pepper
- In a large bowl add the green and purple cabbage, carrots, green onions, rice vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir together all ingredients until completely combined.
- Give the coleslaw a quick taste to see if you prefer more salt or a bit more sugar.
- Serve chilled as a side dish, snack or add to a sandwich instead of lettuce. This coleslaw is best when served within 2 hours of making it.