Mexican Pizza Flatbread
This has a way of not making it out of the kitchen.
Inspiration for this Mexican pizza flatbread comes from both how much I love the taste of Mexican food, plus how pretty and delicious some flatbread appetizers were at a restaurant I was at.
This restaurant serves a variety of flatbread appetizers topped with unique toppings that are so good.
And they cut the flatbread appetizers in the same way as this Mexican pizza is cut, in triangles.
The flatbread appetizers are served on wood planks that really make the food look gorgeous and appetizing.
This scrumptious Mexican flatbread pizza isn’t served on a wood plank but it is served on a rectangular shaped serving plate which is like a “frame” for showing off how colorful this pizza is.
Using flatbread as a crust for pizza lightens the pizza up nicely so it’s perfect as an appetizer.
But then again, sometimes appetizers are perfect for a light main course too and this is one of those recipes.
Served with a salad, this Mexican Pizza is just right for one serving (unless those eating it are really hungry then making 2 of these for one serving would be an even better idea).
Flatbread is actually pretty sturdy for as thin as it is.
And it gets crispy which tastes great with the pizza toppings.
And this pizza also comes with a quick and easy sour cream and salsa sauce drizzled on top from end to end.
Here are more pizza recipes you may like “Traditional Pizza with Ricotta Cheese, Pepperoni and Black Olives“, “3-Cheese Tomato and Basil Naan Pizza” and “Heart-Shaped Pizza with Homemade Crust Served 3-Ways“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
For the Ground Beef – ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, Mexican oregano, and granulated garlic
For the Sour Cream and Salsa Sauce – sour cream and salsa
For the Pizza – ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, tomato, green onion, cilantro avocado, sour cream and salsa sauce and…
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
For the Ground Beef:
Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add the ground beef…
…chili powder, granulated garlic, onion powder, pepper, Mexican oregano, cumin and…
Stir the spices to incorporate them in with the ground beef and stir as the meat cooks.
Continue to cook until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
Transfer the meat on to a paper towel lined plate to absorb the grease. Set aside for a moment.
For the Pizza:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lay the flatbread on a cookie sheet.
Top the bread with shredded cheddar cheese.
Sprinkle granulated garlic on top of the cheese.
Top with ground beef,
and chopped tomato.
Bake in a preheated oven until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread start to brown (about 8 to 10 minutes).
For the Sour Cream and Salsa Sauce – Mix the sour cream and salsa together.
Set aside until the pizza comes out of the oven.
Just after removing the pizza from the oven, drizzle the sour cream sauce on top of the pizza.
Top with chopped green onion, cilantro,
Sprinkle pepper on top of the ingredients.
Cut into small triangles and serve while warm.
…each and every spicy saucy delicious bite.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Mexican Food Inspired Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 1 flatbread
- 3 ounces of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper for the ground beef
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese heaping
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ of an avocado chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper for the pizza
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
For the Ground Beef:
- Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat and add the ground beef, chili powder, granulated garlic, onion powder, pepper, Mexican oregano, cumin and salt.
- Stir the spices to incorporate them in with the ground beef and stir as the meat cooks.
- Continue to cook until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Transfer the meat on to a paper towel lined plate to absorb the grease. Set aside for a moment.
For the Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the flatbread on a cookie sheet. Top the bread with shredded cheddar cheese and sprinkle granulated garlic on top. Top with the ground beef and tomato.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread start to brown (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- For the Sour Cream Salsa Sauce - Mix the salsa and sour cream together. Set aside until the pizza comes out of the oven.
- Just after removing the pizza from the oven, drizzle the sour cream sauce on top of the pizza.
- Top with chopped green onion, cilantro and avocado. Sprinkle pepper on top of the ingredients.
- Cut into small triangles and serve while warm.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. In addition, I may earn a commission for purchases made via my Amazon Influencer page.