3-Cheese Tomato and Basil Naan Pizza
Naan bread tastes so good and the soft chewy texture makes a delicious crust for personal size pizzas.
Naan comes in various shapes such as teardrop, round or oval which adds a nice rustic appeal to a flatbread pizza.
This naan bread pizza recipe is a simple one.
It’s made with 3 types of cheese (mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan cheese), fresh cherry or teardrop tomatoes and fresh basil.
Olive oil is drizzled over the naan bread with granulated garlic sprinkled on top.
The light taste of olive oil and hint of garlic is a wonderful backdrop to the cheese, tomatoes and basil.
Or it would make a delicious appetizer too by cutting each pizza into quarters.
Here are more pizza recipes you may like “Easy Traditional Pizza with Boboli Bread and Homemade Sauce”, “Heart-Shaped Dinner and Breakfast Pizza with Homemade Crust” and “Mexican Flatbread Pizza“.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
Naan (or Nan) bread, olive oil, granulated garlic, fresh small mozzarella balls, ricotta cheese, fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, teardrop or cherry tomatoes, granulated garlic, sea salt and ground black pepper
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
On a large cookie sheet, lay 2 pieces of naan bread.
On top of each piece of bread, drizzle olive oil.
Using the back of a spoon, spread the olive oil evenly.
Sprinkle granulated garlic evenly on top of each piece of bread.
…on each piece of bread, add 6 small spoonfuls of ricotta cheese on top about 2 inches apart from one another.
Lay the mozzarella cheese balls…
…in between the ricotta cheese.
Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise…
…and add them to the top in between the cheese.
On top, sprinkle sea salt and…
Top with the Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes,
or until the cheese is melted.
Top with fresh whole and chopped basil leaves.
Serve while warm.
…each flavorful bite.
Serve as appetizer by…
…cutting each pizza into quarters.
Or serve whole (or cut)…
…as a main dish.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Recipes with Bread You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
- 2 pieces naan bread
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh small mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup whole teardrop tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 dashes sea salt
- 4 dashes ground black pepper
- 10 fresh whole basil leaves
- 3 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a large cookie sheet, lay 2 pieces of naan bread. On top of each piece of bread, drizzle olive oil. Using the back of a spoon, spread the olive oil evenly.
- Sprinkle granulated garlic evenly on top of each piece of bread.
- On each piece of bread, add 6 small spoonfuls of ricotta cheese on top about 2 inches apart from one another.
- Lay the mozzarella balls in between the ricotta cheese. Add halved tomatoes in between the cheese.
- On top, sprinkle sea salt and pepper. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh whole and chopped basil leaves. Serve while warm.