Roasted Vegetable and Pepperoni Wrap
Delicious roasted vegetables and pepperoni…all wrapped up and full of flavor.
I have to be honest and tell you that this recipe came about because bell peppers in various colors were on sale and I couldn’t resist buying them.
As I was thinking what to make with them I started to crave veggie pizza with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
Then the combination sounded so good in the form of a wrap.
So there you have it…the history of the Balsamic Veggie Pepperoni Wrap.
These unique and scrumptious wraps are loaded with roasted vegetables, mozzarella cheese and mini pepperonis.
It tastes so good, a lot like a vegetable combination pizza with pepperoni.
These wraps can be made ahead of time.
Just warm them up in the microwave and dinner is served.
They’re a nice change for lunch too.
If you take them to work for lunch they are sure to make the breakroom smell amazing and all of your co-workers will be sooo jealous.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
For the Wraps – extra large flour tortillas, roasted vegetables, mini pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese and prepared caesar salad dressing
For the Roasted Vegetables – yellow, green, red and orange bell peppers; and zucchini squash, yellow squash, onion, salt, dried red pepper flakes, dried oregano leaves, ground black pepper and…
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Here’s how to make it.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
For the Vegetables:
Remove the stem and seeds from the bell peppers.
Slice the yellow bell pepper and…
…add the slices to the bowl.
Then do the same for…
…the red bell pepper…
…the orange bell pepper…
…the green bell pepper.
Next, cut the zucchini squash lengthwise into pieces about ½ of an inch thick.
Add them to the bowl of veggies.
Cut the yellow squash in half widthwise.
Then cut them lengthwise in pieces that are the same thickness as the zucchini.
Into the bowl they go.
Cut the onions into pieces about the same thickness as the squash.
…last of the veggies into the bowl.
To the bowl of vegetables, add olive oil….but only one drop.
Not really….just kidding about adding only one drop….add all of the olive oil (2 tablespoons) to the veggies.
To the bowl, add balsamic vinegar.
…and dried red pepper flakes.
Mix the vegetables together so they’re coated in the oil, vinegar and spices.
Roasting the Vegetables – On a large sheet pan, lay them as flat as possible.
Try to spread the veggies out so they’re touching the pan rather than being bunched on top of one another.
…on top of the vegetables, sprinkle dried oregano.
Bake in a preheated oven,
…stirring occasionally until the vegetables are lightly browned (about 20 minutes).
The marinated veggies taste so good when roasted in the oven.
For the Wraps:
Shred the cheese and set aside for a moment.
On a large plate or cutting board, lay a tortilla.
About 2 inches from the edges of the tortilla, add warm veggies.
Top with cheese.
Add more cheese if you like.
Next add mini pepperonis…
…and top with drizzles of the caesar dressing.
Folding the Wraps – Then fold in two sides of the tortilla about 2 inches.
And start rolling the tortilla towards the middle.
Continue to gently roll the tortilla to form the wrap.
Cut each wrap in half…
…and serve warm.
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
More Sandwich Recipes You May Like:
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 yellow bell pepper stems and seeds removed, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper stems and seeds removed, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper stems and seeds removed, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper stems and seeds removed, cut into strips
- 2 zucchini squash cut into strips about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 yellow squash cut in half widthwise, then cut into strips in the same size as the zucchini
- 1 medium size onion peeled, cut in half and cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the Wraps:
- 4 extra large flour tortillas
- Roasted vegetables
- 1 package (5 ounces) Mini pepperoni Turkey or Regular
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared caesar dressing or your favorite Caesar Dressing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
For the Vegetables:
- Marinating the Vegetables - To a large mixing bowl, add the yellow, green, orange and red bell peppers.
- To the bowl add zucchini, yellow squash, onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix all of the vegetables together so they’re coated in the oil, vinegar and spices.
- Roasting the Vegetables - On a large sheet pan, place the vegetables as flat as possible spreading them out as much as possible.
- On top of the vegetables, sprinkle oregano. Bake in a preheated oven, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are lightly browned (about 20 minutes).
For the Wraps:
- Filling the Wraps - On a large plate or cutting board, lay a tortilla. About 2 inches from the edges of the tortilla, add some of the warm veggies.
- Top with shredded cheese and the mini pepperonis. Drizzle caesar dressing on top (or your favorite salad dressing).
- Folding the Wraps - Then fold in two sides of the tortilla about 2 inches. And start rolling the tortilla towards the middle.
- Continue to gently roll the tortilla to form the wrap.
- Cut each wrap in half and serve warm.