Sautéed Mushrooms, Pepperoni & Bell Peppers
When I think of mushrooms I associate them with food that is really good like…
Since I’m a fan of mushrooms they make recipes look so appetizing to me when I see them on a menu that I can’t resist ordering something mushroom-related.
Like a burger topped with mushrooms, or sautéed mushrooms as a side dish with steak, and of course as a topping on pizza.
I’m pretty sure that when I made this mushroom side dish with pepperoni, bell pepper and onion, I was channeling a craving for a combination pizza.
Pepperoni adds a slightly spicy flavor to this mushroom dish, and when combined with the vegetables and grated parmesan cheese, all of the flavors and textures taste so good together.
This quick and easy mushroom dish makes a wonderful appetizer too.
I like to serve this in a cast iron pan to show off how colorful and festive the ingredients are.
Speaking of ingredients, let’s check them out.
White mushrooms, sliced pepperoni, green bell peppers, onion, garlic, olive oil, butter, dried oregano, salt, pepper, grated parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish.
Here’s how to make it.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
Add bell pepper…
Continue stirring until the edges of the bell pepper start to turn a golden color (about 2 minutes).
Then, with a wooden spoon or spatula, move the bell pepper towards the outside edges of the pan…
…and in the middle of the pan, add butter.
Stir the butter until it melts,
…the sliced mushrooms and,
Next, add sliced pepperoni (cut into strips), sliced onion, salt and pepper.
Continue to sauté and stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned (about 4 to 5 minutes).
Top with grated parmesan cheese, garnish with chopped parsley…
…and serve right away.
Makes a delicious side dish,
Thank you so much for stopping by!
More Recipes with Mushrooms:
Sautéed Mushrooms, Pepperoni and Bell Peppers
Yield: Serves 2
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 7 large white mushrooms, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 1 medium size green bell pepper, seeds/stem removed, sliced in fairly thick size strips (fajita-size strips)
- 1/2 of a whole onion (white or yellow), sliced fairly thick (fajita-size slices)
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 dashes salt (or to taste)
- 2 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley (for garnish)
1. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
2. Add the bell pepper and stir. When the edges of the bell pepper start to turn a golden color (about 2 minutes), move them towards the outside edges of the pan.
3. To the middle of the pan, add the butter. Stir the butter until it melts.
4. In the center of the pan, add the mushrooms, garlic, pepperoni, onion, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Stir.
5. Continue to sauté and stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned (about 4 to 5 minutes).
6. Top with grated parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
7. Serve right away.