Sautéed Mushrooms, Pepperoni and Bell Peppers
Change up the side dish on your menu tonight with this mushroom, pepperoni and bell pepper combination that also makes a scrumptious appetizer.
Since I’m a fan of mushrooms, when I see them on a menu in a restaurant, I can’t resist ordering something mushroom-related.
Like a burger topped with mushrooms, or sautéed mushrooms as a side dish with steak, and of course as a pizza topping.
When I think of mushrooms, I associate them with delicious food like pizza, stir-fried vegetables, Italian food, pasta, and spaghetti sauce just to name a few.
I’m pretty sure that when I made this mushroom side dish with pepperoni, bell pepper and onion, I was channeling a craving for a combination pizza.
Pepperoni adds a slightly spicy flavor to this mushroom dish, and when combined with the vegetables and grated Parmesan cheese, it tastes so good.
This quick and easy mushroom dish makes a wonderful appetizer too.
I like to serve this in a cast iron pan because the dark black color is a nice contrast to this colorful dish.
Let’s check out the ingredients.
White mushrooms, sliced pepperoni, green bell peppers, onion, garlic, olive oil, butter, dried oregano, salt, pepper, grated Parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
A printable recipe with the measurements and instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
Add bell pepper…
Continue stirring until the edges of the bell pepper start to turn a golden color (about 2 minutes). Then, with a wooden spoon or spatula, move the bell pepper towards the outside edges of the pan…
…and in the middle of the pan, add butter.
Stir the butter until it melts,
…the sliced mushrooms and,
Next, add sliced pepperoni (cut into strips), sliced onion, salt and pepper.
Continue to sauté and stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned (about 4 to 5 minutes).
Top with grated Parmesan cheese, garnish with chopped parsley…
…and serve warm.
Makes a delicious side dish,
Thank you so much for stopping by CCC!
Don’t miss a CCC recipe. Subscribe to Coupon Clipping Cook and get an email each time we have a new post. Here’s the link to subscribe to CCC.
Sautéed Mushrooms, Pepperoni & Bell Peppers
- 7 large white mushrooms, cleaned thickly sliced
- 1 medium size green bell pepper, seeds/stem removed sliced in fairly thick size strips (fajita-size strips)
- 1/2 of a whole onion (white or yellow onion), peeled sliced fairly thick (fajita-size slices)
- 3 large cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (salted)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 dashes salt or to taste
- 2 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add the bell pepper and stir. When the edges of the bell pepper start to turn a golden color (about 2 minutes), move them towards the outside edges of the pan.
- To the middle of the pan, add the butter. Stir the butter until it melts.
- In the center of the pan, add the mushrooms, garlic, pepperoni, onion, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Continue to sauté and stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
- Serve warm.
Recipes with Pepperoni
Here are more recipes with pepperoni you may like “Mini Kaiser Roll Pizzas with Homemade Sauce“, “Roasted Vegetable and Pepperoni Wrap” and “Easy Traditional Pizza with Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese“.
Recipes with Mushrooms
Recipes with Mushrooms you may like:
Comfort Food Recipes
Comfort food recipes you may like: